Wincanton Print Company is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment. The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and the source of its power requirement.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
- Use the UKAS accredited Environmental Management System ISO 14001:2004 to monitor and manage our aspects and to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities.
- The objectives and targets are set on an annual basis at the management review meeting, after the previous targets have been analysed for overall performance against previous targets & objectives.
- The management has made a commitment to continually monitor and improve the effectiveness of the EMS.
We only use paper from well managed forests and we've increased the number of recycled and FSC approved papers we use. Any unavoidable waste paper is compacted and recycled and we separate all other waste for recycling or reprocessing.